Dates & Locations (one-day program)
Recurrent Training – This one-day workshop provides regulation updates to experienced students. Learn to prepare shipments that are in full compliance with IATA and ICAO Regulations.
The International Civil Air Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations demand stringent compliance procedures when shipping dangerous goods by air. Keeping up to date with the changes in regulations is a must. Failure to comply with regulations will result in fines, penalties and costly shipment delays. Fines and penalties are definitely much higher for air shipment violations.
Also, while airlines follow the IATA regulations, many carriers file variations on them. The shipper must be aware of, and comply with, those variations.
Failure to comply can result in costly delays of your shipments as well as fines and penalties.
Regulations require training and testing. IATA stipulates that recurrent training must occur at a minimum of every two years. The Unz & Co. certificate specifies that you have been trained and tested in the applicable regulations. The training will equip you to prepare shipments that are fully compliant with the regulations. Your goods will move quickly, safely and profitably.
- Summary of all Regulatory Changes in the prior 12 months
- IATA Regulations Effecting the Air Shipper
- Shipper Responsibilities
- Operator Responsbilities and Variations
- Q Values
- Classification of Articles/Substance Multiple Hazards
- Use of the Identification Table and Packing Instructions
- Packaging /Overpacking
- Segregation and Handling
- Operations Variations, includind FedEx and UPS
- General Awareness and General Security Training...
- You will also find cost-cutting tips and techniques, such as how to save on hazmat surcharges.
The regulations covering air shipments are often different from those governing ground or water shipments.
Make sure to check to verify that your General Awareness & Security compliance is up-to-date!
The 1-day Agenda for the Shipping Dangerous Goods by Air Training Workshop – IATA Regulations Workshop includes:
7:30am – 8:00am
- Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00am – 4:30pm
- Training Requirements
- Shipper's Responsibility
- Operator Responsibility
- Security Requirements/Plan
- Forbidden Dangerous Goods
- Hidden Dangerous Goods
- Dangerous Goods in Excepted Quantities
- State Variations
- Operator Variations
- Determining hazard classifications
- Precedence table
- Packing Groups
- Using the table
- Special Provision
- Packing Instructions
- Packing Requirements
- UN Spec Packaging
- UN Performance Test
LABELING AND MARKING
- Marking and Labeling Requirements
- Handling Labels
- Dangerous Goods Declaration Requirements
- Air Waybills
- Dangerous Goods permitted
- Dangerous Goods not permitted
- Quantity limitations
- Specially prepared for this workshop
NOTE: The 2013 seminar fee does NOT include the IATA regulations book. To attend this 2013 seminar, you MUST bring with you the 54th Edition of the IATA Regulations. If you do not have this edition, upon registering for the seminar you may purchase it from Unz & Co. or other sources. It will NOT be available at the seminar for purchase.
||Jersey City, NJ
||Atlantic City, NJ
||Garden City, NY
For more information on dates and locations not listed,
or to arrange for an in-house seminar on this topic,
please call Unz & Co.
Customer Service at 800-631-3098
Register online above or
call Unz & Co. Customer Service at 800-631-3098 to register
- or -
Click here for printable registration form (.pdf format)
FAX seminar registration forms to: (732) 868-0260
Back to the top