2010 INCOTERMS EFFECTIVE AS OF JANUARY 1, 2011
Attending the Unz & Co. Incoterms® 2010 Seminar is significant for both experienced professionals and those who are new to the industry. The experienced professional will get an intensive, effective overview of the new terms. Those new to the industry will receive a "crash course" on the Incoterms®, jumpstarting their knowledge base.
The first changes to Incoterms® in ten years went into effect January 1, 2011... are you ready? Or will you be hit with major costly surprises on newly-defined buyer/seller/transporter responsibilities?
Learn the critical information you need to understand and incorporate Incoterms® 2010 into your sales and purchase contracts! Incoterms are internationally accepted commercial terms of sale. The rules define the obligations, risks, and costs shared by the buyer and seller in consummating an international transaction, in respect editions, will be equally applicable to domestic and international transactions. This revision of Incoterms®, the first in ten years, will become effective on January 1st, 2011. The changes are sweeping, detailed, practical, and are focused on international trade commerce.
Unz & Co.’s Incoterms® 2010 seminar will thoroughly explore not only the changes, but will provide you with a complete understanding of the purpose, use
and application of all the rules, within the framework
of a real world trade environment. For international
buyers and sellers, it is imperative to understand
how to properly use these rules in your sale/purchase
contracts. Learn how to choose the correct Incoterm®
— it affects your obligations, and ultimately your
This seminar will be an indepth learning experience.
Our instructor will take you through the new
Incoterms® 2010, and demonstrate by way of case
studies and real life scenarios, how to apply and
profit from using the new terms in your sales and
Learn how to use the new
Incoterms® rules to your
- Sales & Marketing Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Trade Consultants
- Logistics Consultants
- International Freight Forwarders
- Customs Brokers
- Carriers, Consolidators & Shippers
- Attorneys and Legal Staff
- Bank Personnel & Credit Professionals
- Insurers & Insurance Brokers
Additional attendees (same company / same program) receive a discounted rate of $325!
- Learn how to determine buyers' and sellers' responsibilities
- Clearly understand the risks and benefits associated with each Incoterm®
- Understand the new major revisions on the seller-buyer cargo security obligations
- Efficiently facilitate transactions by using the correct Incoterm® for a specific situation
- Minimize risks, obligations, and avoid loss of business and legal actions
- Benefit your bottom line by the appropriate use of Incoterms® 2010
The 1-Day Agenda for the Incoterms includes: 2010 seminar
8:00am – 8:30am
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30am – 4:30pm
Background of Incoterms®
Background Terms of Sale — Standard Trade Practices
- History of Incoterms®
- Evolution Over the Years
- Why Is There a New Version
The Presentation of Incoterms® by the ICC
- Definition of Elements of Terms of Sale
- Distinction Between Terms of Payment and Terms of Sale
Defining the Incoterms® 2010 Changes
- Logical Sequence of Terms
- The Mirror Method of Presentation
The International Sales Contract
- Comparisons to the 2000 version
Critical inclusions to the Contract
- Incorporation of Incoterms®
- Terms of Sale in Conjunction with Terms of Payment
- Incoterms® Rules — What They DO and What They DON’T DO.
- Common Misconceptions
Roles in Sales and Purchase Contracts
- Domestic Use of Incoterms® Rules
- Incoterms® 2010 Rules and UCC Terms Matchup
All attendees will receive a free copy of the Incoterms® 2010 and A Basic Guide to Exporting (10th Ed.) along with our specially prepared seminar reference materials. Combined, they will help you follow along at the seminar and also serve and easy-to-use references back at the office!
Important! Don't paraphrase the rules. Always use the official, authoritative version of the ICC's
THIS CLASS WILL NOT BE OFFERED AS A PUBLIC SEMINAR IN 2012
Please call us for alternative suggestions.
We can also bring this program to your site, customized to your needs.
Call Lee at 732-667-1028 for more info.